BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

"If I'm Lying I'm Dyeing"

Im on my 4th month of transitioning and I washed my hair today and my hair is just feeling like silk right now... smoothe is the word... really healthy and soft and moisturized but not oily and it smells like heaven OMG!!!! On another note I did a little research today and im sharing some facts and myths on black hair care:
1.Cutting your hair doesnt make it grow faster your hair grows half an inch a month.
2. Brushing your hair 100 times over time can cause damage to your hair cuticles and cause breakage, it pulls hair out of the follicles and weaken individual strands of hair; it does not promote hair growth. Brush it to style and let it be.

3. Overuse of grease can block pores.

4. Try to use as little heat as possible especially if you have permed hair, it can be very damaging.

5. Do not perm your hair until it is bone straight just so you can put heat in it to give it volume.

6. If you pluck one grey hair more will not grow in its place but if you make it habt it can damage your roots.

7. You can not mend split ends I dont care what the bottle says, TRIM before it splits even more.

8. Massaging your scalp stimulate oil production.

9. "We" should shampoo our hair every 3 to 7 days ofcourse this varies depending on your hair type I personally wash on Mondays and co-wash on Thursdays.

10. If you sweat daily do to activities you should wash the salt out your hair with water and do a leave in conditioner.

11. When you detangle your hair please do it in sections and always start from the ends and work your way up and be gentle; patience is imperative.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats was very useful information ;)

Breesh_nonicki said...

Thanks for the feed back. The more I find the more i'll share.

Unknown said...

No problemm.